Arthritis means inflammation of one or more joints due to infectious, metabolic, or constitutional causes.
- Cartilage becomes more brittle with age and has less of a capacity to repair itself. As people grow older they are more likely to develop arthritis.
- Excess body weight can lead to arthritis. This is especially true of the hips and knees that can be worn quickly in heavier patients
- Injury -can damage to bone, ligament and cartilage that leads to severe pain
- Infection of joints(septic joint), multiple episodes of gout, or other medical conditions, can develop arthritis of the joint
- Athletes involved in soccer, tennis, or long-distance running may be at higher risk for developing osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Repetitive stress injuries such as kneeling, squatting, or lifting heavy weights are more likely to develop osteoarthritis of the knee because of the constant and continuous pressure on the joints.
Types of Arthritis
There are more than 100 different types of arthritis. Some of the more common types include:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Symptoms of Arthritis:
Different types of arthritis have different symptoms and the symptoms vary in severity from person to person. Osteoarthritis does not generally cause any symptoms outside the joint. Symptoms of other types of arthritis may include fatigue, fever, rash, and the signs of joint inflammation, including:
How Is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Physical examination of swollen joints is very important to diagnose arthritis and use blood tests and X-rays to confirm the diagnosis. X-rays and blood tests also help distinguish the type of arthritis you have. For example, most people with rheumatoid arthritis have antibodies called rheumatoid factors (RF) in blood .X-rays are used to diagnose osteoarthritis typically revealing a loss of cartilage, bone spurs, and in extreme cases, bone rubbing against bone. Sometimes, joint aspiration (synovial fluid aspiration) is used to rule out other types of arthritis.
How Homoeopathy helps to cure Arthritis?
Homeopathy will help arthritis by strengthening the body's immune system and therefore reducing the symptoms of arthritis. Homeopathic treatments are not prescribed for a particular diseased condition, but prescribed by taking into a number of factors related to physical and mental condition, to likes and dislikes. Homeopathic remedies are extremely benefical for relieving knee pain and pain that results from touching a sore joint. The Scope of homoeopathic treatment in arthritis is very favorable. But the patient needs to understand that the homeopathic system is aiming to clear out the disease from the body and not trying to suppress or give temporary relief.
Commonly indicated Homoeopathic remedies
Rhus-tox: Tearing pain in tendons and ligaments. Rheumatic pains in extremities and loins.Soreness of bones relieved by motion.Limbs very stiff and paralysed.Numbness and formication feeling in bones.Tenderness of joints.Crawling sensation in tips of fingers worse by cold, damp weather and night
Guaiacum: Drawing, tearing, stitching pain especially in lower limbs worse by motion, pain in finger joints, and pain in thighs extends to knees. The knee is flexed from contraction of hamstring muscles. Weakness of arms and legs. Numbness of lower limbs.
Bryonia: Stitching and tearing pain in joints worse by least movement and sudden change of weather. Pain and stiffness of joints with redness, hot and swelling. Every spot is painful on pressure
Other indicates remedies: Mag.phos, Chelidonium, Arnica, Led.pal, Cimcifuga, Cal.phos, Belladonna etc.